Tuesday 1 September 2015

This is a campaign about people, its people who make a difference

This is a story about people, its people who make a difference

We are well into our Make a Difference Campaign and Tour, just passing the 295 talk mark with another 50 confirmed as of today and nearing 5,000 personal pledges to make a difference.

We are so very lucky to have met so many kind and caring people over the last year on this campaign, and I supposes that’s the heart of making a difference it’s all about people and relationships.



Over and above policies and strategies its people who change lives, It was people who when my mum was in hospital as they walked away from her bed I would think I am so glad we met you today, I feel less scared than I did before.  It was people as they walked out of our house, when caring, I would sit and  think I am so glad you were in our house today, I understand more than I did before.  People we had conversations with on the phone that would often help us through the rest of the day, on other occasions it was people who left us feeling lost ,scared and alone.

Dementia is everyone’s business it’s about people, it’s about the unique and remarkable life and love stories we all have, as do the people we meet and this tour and campaign is about.  I hope celebrating and empowering people, celebrating the amazing kindness care and compassion people give and show every day and empowering people that no matter what their role they have the opportunity to transform the lives and experiences of people living with dementia, their families and carers.

This is a story about people, this is a campaign about people so thank you for all you do and thank you for making a difference.

Tommy

Thanks for reading my blog, You can now view my 8 short flims here! http://tommy-on-tour-2011.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/my-mums-name-was-joan-this-is-our-story.html
DCV photo DementiaCarerRGBlandscape3_zpsa2f3d5ff.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

My mums name was Joan ,my Mum Had Dementia - our Story 9 Short Films

Tommy’s speech, providing a carer’s perspective,  on the theme of “ No – one ever asked   ” highlighted the transformational impact that ...