Thursday 1 December 2016

The Heart of #MakingaDifference is not in controlling, it is in unleashing



I was flicking through my Twitter this morning and came across this quote from #Quality2015

 “The heart of improvement is not in controlling, it is in unleashing" Don Berwick 

For me this really sums our ‘Make a Difference‘ campaign and tour.  

For me "The heart of #MakingaDifference is not in controlling, it is in unleashing "

The campaign is about celebrating and I hope unleashing the kindness and understanding of people. Thepeople who sit by our beds, knock on our front doors or who we  speak with  on thephone,

On every occasion we have the opportunity to make a difference to someone’s day or in fact life. It was people who brought a smile to our day, our hearts and created new paths along the way.

Reading the incredible pledges we have received to date, just over 3,600 people have made a personalpledge commitment to make a difference I feel is giving people the opportunity to commit to , to share and celebrate the difference they/we can all make every time we meet someone.
                                            
                         



Dementia for me is everyone’s business, it’s not about organisations or buildings, it’s about the people within and the people we meet, on every occasion it’s about people and relationships. It’s about the life and love stories of families all across the country. So I truly hope the people the pledges the life and love stories are about unleashing what matters, who matters and about unleashing the parts we can all play in every moment, every day and every time 

 " No matter what your role no matter what you do you have the opportunity to UNLEASH  your passion and the opportunity to make a difference to the lives of the people you meet "
Diagram33
Tommy 
 
                                   
                                       


Thanks for reading my blog, You can now view my 8 short flims here! http://tommy-on-tour-2011.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/my-mums-name-was-joan-this-is-our-story.html
DCV photo DementiaCarerRGBlandscape3_zpsa2f3d5ff.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

My mums name was Joan ,my Mum Had Dementia - our Story 9 Short Films

Tommy’s speech, providing a carer’s perspective,  on the theme of “ No – one ever asked   ” highlighted the transformational impact that ...