Tuesday 2 February 2016

Speaking NHS United Lincolnshire Hospitals March 1st


Hi

With Great thanks to With great thanks to Pauline Pratt @pmjp97  Associate Director Portfolio Improvement/Assistant Director of Nursing at ULHT, and  Samantha MacCarthy @mccarthy_ph  for the kind invite to speak at NHS United Lincolnshire Hospitals @ULHTNews   on March 1st

The talk will be in the  Conference  room, Robey House.  ULHT at 3:30pm staff can contact Sam to book a place,All are welcome

I had the great privilege to speak at ULHT last year at a Conference Sam organised and look forward to returning and and meeting more inspiring people


you can read about last years conference below along with the inspiring pledges made on that day

Thank You Pauline,Sam and all at ULHT for the kind opportunity to return

tommy



                               
image1  image2
With great thanks to Samantha  MacCarthy @mccarthy_ph for the kind invite to speak at Embedding Compassion in Practice at the New life Centre Sleaford Lincolnshire on April 15th. The event was truly inspiring and we are very privileged to have received so many wonderful pledges, which we are displaying with pride below.
image3 image4
A BIG thank you to Sam for putting this event together to Claire for the kind introduction to Pauleen, Paul, Joan and all for the great kindness support and inspiring pledges. We can make a difference!
image5
Team DCV :)
compassionate care
I pledge to treat each person as an individual and make time to learn their story.  To encourage carers relatives to share information including this is me documentation – Rebecca Pridmore
 I pledge to listen and learn from cares of people with dementia.  That I will always try my best, no matter how hard it maybe.  To be your voice when you are unable to speak yourself, with kindness and dignity – Kelly Richmond
 I pledge to treat each person as an individual and a human being, to ease their burden, feel their pain, hear their woes and dry their eyes.  Where God doesn’t hear their cries, May I – Vince Rippin
 I have become a dementia friend.  I pledge to take time to listen, to the person, family, friends and carers to be able to help care and have a better understanding of the individual their likes needs and wants –Lisa Norris
 I pledge to listen, to encourage staff I come in contact with via training to be the hand on the shoulder, to make a difference.  Remember the little things matter.
 I pledge to always make sure I say hello who I was and speak to the patient and the family.  Always ask the patient questions first then ask the family – Josie Lee
 I pledge to continue to realise that the appointment that patient and their carer has with me, maybe the only other contact they have with the outside world that week.  I will take the time to listen to them –Sam Rea
 I pledge to listen and share their stories so others can learn and enhance care they deliver – Paul Jebb
 I pledge to keep caring and following the 6Cs.  I do this already and cannot understand anyone working in a caring setting that doesn’t automatically do that.
 I pledge to continue to provide excellent dementia care and encourage others to do the same.
 I pledge to listen, digest and act! – Ben Waring
 I pledge to take the time to listen and hear what is being asked of me and endeavour to ensure person and family leave me in a better place than when they met me – Pete Rochford
 I pledge to be kind and more supportive to the patient and their carers.
 I pledge to talk to the patient and carer with patience and clarity.  Treat them both with respect and dignity and do my utmost to make their experience as pleasant as possible – Tina Dale
I pledge to use 6Cs
 I pledge to remember that everyone has a story and to make sure I listen to it – Claire Kent
 I pledge that I will actively listen and give that friendly reassuring smile, hand on shoulder or gesture to show I care.
 I pledge to give them more time to listen and to find out more about them (there background) and history – Clare Warne
 I pledge to listen and find out there stories – Robert McKendry
 I pledge to care.  To listen. To be there when they need someone.  To reach out to someone who needs help.  To treat everyone the same way I would want to be treated – Tina Smith
 I pledge I will take more time to listen and try my best to understand.  I will also try and make a positive difference to each of my patient’s day.  I will continue to implement the 6Cs within my practice –Amber Mulcahy
 My pledge is to leave a positive impression on the patients and carers in my care.  I pledge to make people feel like I truly care – Kimberly
 I pledge to ensure that all my staff have an understanding of dementia. That patient’s and carers feels safe on my war – Jo McCall
 I pledge to continue to give of my time, caring and understanding.  I have to believe always in my mind there but for the grace of god I treat others how I would like to be treated.
 My pledge to people with dementia and their carers is to take the time to listen, ask questions reassure the people involved and offer support to give encouragement.  To keep regular contact – Abi Lilley
 I pledge to take the time to learn the lives and values of my patients. Their daily struggeles and what I can do to make even one day better – Bernadette Hughes
 I pledge to hear their story, try to have time to listen. Try to make a difference everyday. Ask carers how they are doing as well as the patients – Angie Judd
 I pledge to complete a ‘Life Story’ for every dementia sufferer and heir family/carers that I work with as previously done this and I found it to be very beneficial for all involved including myself – Stacey Ford 

  I pledge that I will always try to remember that the person I am caring    for had a ‘different’ life before their dementia (a job, hobbies, children). I    will try to support their family/carers by asking if they need any  support/help, anything I can help with, I will talk to them and their loved  one about everyday things other than their illness/situation – Julia Grigg
I pledge to always LISTEN!!
I pledge to always introduce myself, a6cs bignd communicate with the patient on a level that they understand, I will give the carers as much help and advice as I possibly can. I pledge to always try and make my patients be the best they can possibly be – Jamie Denman.

I pledge that I will continue to offer support groups to patient relatives I see in my day to day work. Open new groups to reduce that feeling of isolation, fear and guilt. Continue as a Dementia Champion – Mary Pickland
 I pledge to truly ‘listen’ and ‘consider’ other people’s feelings, needs, expectation of me. I refuse to be distracted by other things… I WANT to be the person who is remembered – Kay Gilman
 I pledge to make the ‘all about me’ patient held booklet a must have for everyone that wants and needs one. Know the person behind the condition. ILLNESS – replace I with WE = WELLNESS – Pauline Mountain.
 I pledge to speak to my mum and dad (who has early onset dementia) and to my uncle and family who look after my other uncle who has vascular dementia, more regularly – Alf.
 I pledge to continue being my smiling self, talking to the patient as an individual and finding out their stories. Supporting their family and ensuring I take the time to listen and ensure they have everything they need – Claire Cole.
 I will treat that person with respect and compassion. They should not be defined by dementia, they have an identity and a life. My granddad has severe vascular dementia and us (the family) fought and fought for him to get the care he deserves. At the same time my nan was dying from cancer so we cared for her also. I will always fight for those who need that voice and will never stop till the day I die! My granddad deserved better!! – Mandy Davis
 My pledge is to remember that we are all part of the human family and that we all care and understand issues. That we belong to this earth as a tribe that we all need support, care, love and understanding – Gena Chapman
 I pledge to be the listening ear, the gentle hug, the kind words, the gentle smile. The person you can sound off at and tell your troubles to. I want to be there for the carers who devote their lives to the ones they love, day in and day out – Doreen Johnson
 I pledge to promote dementia awareness, care, compassion to ensure communication is a vital part of the care needs and history information, finding out about the patients to enhance good practice on the ward – Tracy Johns
 My pledge is to take the time to listen to patients and carers, to make a difference to their life. When I am busy and feel there isn’t the time, make time. 5 minutes could make all the difference – Sharon Baker
‘I pledge to be kind’
‘I pledge to apply 6Cs – smile – be kind –be helpful’
‘I pledge to make a new member of the team welcome by showing them around the department and explaining the daily routine’
‘I pledge to give as much help/information to a new member on their first day as possible’
‘I pledge to –smile – apply 6C’s – Listen – Understand new members background – to be helpful in anyway I can – to be kind’
‘I pledge to smile and be welcoming and to also offer support and help where I can if they need it J’
‘I pledge to be friendly & treat them with respect.  Ensure they have support  & guidance to do their job effectively.’
‘I pledge to offer some extra time to new members of staff and students to ensure they feel welcome and show them around the building & team’
‘I pledge to show agency staff around the building’
‘I pledge to ensure an agency worker is welcomed and not ignored.  I pledge to let them feel part of the team as they arrive.’
‘I will continue to support all staff that I meet with the upmost respect and be mindful of their problems and supportive of their needs’
‘I pledge to be supportive, helpful and encouraging’
‘Be more supportive & understanding.  Provide information & guidance,’
‘I pledge to be more supportive’
‘I pledge persiverance’
‘I pledge to introduce them to staff, self and show them around the hospital.  Be welcoming. Make sure they have all they need/require to carry out their role’
‘I pledge to carry on’
‘I pledge to make agency staff feel part of the team & support the hello my name is… campaign’
‘I pledge to support the hello my name is… campaign’
‘I pledge to always be mindful & make everyone feel wanted & appreciated’
‘I pledge to see the person and always say thank you’
‘I pledge to make agency staff feel welcome, say hello an dmake them feel part of the team’
‘I pledge to ensure I am welcoming and approachable for all’
‘I pledge to smile and welcome new staff and make sure they know you are their buddy for the shift’
‘I pledge to treat new staff as you would want to be treated yourself’
‘I pledge I will be welcoming & supportive to all’
‘I pledge to introduce myself & smile J’
‘I pledge to find out about new staff e.g name, where they are from, background to make them feel welcome onto the ward and part of the team’
‘I pledge to help and support and agency staff that come onto my ward.  During the shift I will ask if they are ok or need anything’
‘I will make all new staff feel more welcome’
‘I pledge to introduce myself, ask who the new person is an welcome them to the ward.’
‘I pledge to treat Agency staff as I would wish to be treated myself if I was in their position.  Using the 6Cs model’
‘I pledge to smile, be welcoming use hello my name is, to be helpful and to say thank you!’
‘I promise to remember how I felt when I started, and to treat them as I would like to be treated.’
‘I pledge to support hello my name is campaign…’

‘I pledge to be nice, welcoming friendly  introduce myself to all new staff/agency’
‘I pledge to be more welcoming & supportive’
‘To be helpful & show new staff round and treat them as I would any other member of my team also to thank them for their help’
‘I pledge to thank others as I would wish to be treated myself’
‘I pledge to introduce myself to every new member of agency staff’
‘I pledge to say hello and introduce myself to new staff and introduce them to the rest of the team’
‘I pledge to be welcoming and friendly and to support my colleagues in any way that I can’
‘I pledge to always introduce myself, show people around the ward, show people where everything is, introduce them to all the patients and always say thank you at the end of the day.’
‘I pledge to always smile & say hello, to introduce myself and encourage staff to ask me for help’
‘I pledge to always smile and to be courteous, and to empathise with the member of staff.’
‘I pledge to always be welcoming’
‘I pledge to be welcoming and helpful’
‘I pledge to remember the  6Cs are not just for patients they are for staff also – ‘happy staff makes happy patient’ Be kind to each other’
‘I pledge next time an agency staff comes to work in my department I will say ‘hello my name is….  And welcome to our department’’
‘I pledge to allocate time to get to know staff members and buddy with them as a source of support’
‘To welcome and listen to the individual who joins our team’
‘I pledge to make bank/agency staff welcome by being friendly and helpful’
‘I pledge to support hello my name is campaign…’
 ‘I pledge that next time I work with an agency staff member I will support them in any way I can’
‘I pledge to be welcoming to new/bank staff and to orientate to the routine 7 department on arrival’
‘I pledge to induct new/bank/agency staff, make them a drink, show them around, check on them and support them during their shift’
‘I pledge to introduce myself and say welcome’
‘I pledge to always smile & welcome staff and to find out the story behind the person before anything else’
‘I pledge to remember to think about ‘one team’ no matter how long they have been together’
‘I pledge to listen, Learn & share, to learn from experiences, strengthen the tram to support all.  The patient is a person #LincsCiP ~6Cs’
‘I pledge to ensure to provide a personal touch, to make every person I meet feel they valued and appreciated.  To provide time for them without feeling rushed’
‘I pledge to expand my own evidence base & that of my team in order to deliver the best care for my patients & people in our care #empowerment #evidence #makeadifference #6cs


                            

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

My mums name was Joan ,my Mum Had Dementia - our Story 9 Short Films

Tommy’s speech, providing a carer’s perspective,  on the theme of “ No – one ever asked   ” highlighted the transformational impact that ...