Thursday 5 February 2015

Emotional Week - its all about People and Relationships


Hi
The last week since receiving the British Citizen Award  for services to Healthcare has been a very emotional one.  I am truly humbled and honoured to have received this award and very proud for the people who have shared their remarkable life and love stories with us over the few last years.
The campaign started was very much like the letters I received, surrounded by loneliness.  The Award much like the project and campaign, now part of Dementia Carer Voices, is not alone award or campaign.  I work with some amazing people Irene, Sarah, Laura and the wider team at the ALLIANCE
This award is shared across all the team and absolutely dedicated to the life and love stories of the people we are so privileged to meet along the way, husbands, wives, sons and daughters who care for each other every single day often against the most difficult of circumstance and the dedicated professionals many of whom I have had the great privilege to meet along the way.
This week has been full of moments that have reminded me of the kindness of people from Chris Robertsand his wife Jayne traveling down from North Wales to be at the Palace Of Westminster to say hello and well done, meeting friends from my previous life before caring, who all came along to share the moment with Irene and myself in London.
Today was very emotional and special sitting with friends and team mates Laura, Sarah, Andrew and Graeme as we watched the kind mention by Roderick Campbell and First Minster Nicola Sturgeon of the award at First Ministers Questions at the Scottish Parliament and the joyful moment we shared was just great.
B9FZu1vIIAAFjy_
am truly grateful to have received this award and lucky to have such friend’s that this work has allowed me meet, it truly is all about people and relationships.  I am thankful for the people I have met and relationships that have now been made. 
Special thanks also goes to everyone who has supported me on Twitter this week, it has been humbling to see all the great support out there #support #people #friends
This award is for you mum, for my team mates and the life and love stories of the people we have met and still to meet.  
Tommy  
tommy bca IMG_0071

Thanks for reading my blog, You can now view my 8 short flims here! http://tommy-on-tour-2011.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/my-mums-name-was-joan-this-is-our-story.html
DCV photo DementiaCarerRGBlandscape3_zpsa2f3d5ff.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

My mums name was Joan ,my Mum Had Dementia - our Story 9 Short Films

Tommy’s speech, providing a carer’s perspective,  on the theme of “ No – one ever asked   ” highlighted the transformational impact that ...