Tuesday 4 February 2014

University Edinburgh The "You can make a difference" tour 2014 talk 6

You can make a difference!

That’s what I want people to know and today I had a fantastic session with final year Nursing students from the University of Edinburgh, who really “got” that message.

Time, listening and understanding can make an unimaginable difference during what can be a very difficult and lonely journey. Over and above policies, strategies or reports it’s people who have the potential to transform the lives and experiences of others.  It makes me smile to think about the special people who helped me whilst I was a carer, the thousands out there helping others in the same manner, and the students who make up our next generation of caring professionals.

At the end of the talk, I asked the students to think about what they could do to make a difference to others and it’s fair to say that their enthusiasm and interest left me feeling inspired.

This will be a new theme going forward and the basis for talks in 2014  -  No matter what your role , “What difference can you make to the lives of others?”

will you make a pledge to make a difference as part of our tour 2014 

you can make your pledge at Tommy.Whitelaw@alliance-scotland.org.uk
  


inspired today by the Sarah and the  students Edinburgh University  





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

My mums name was Joan ,my Mum Had Dementia - our Story 9 Short Films

Tommy’s speech, providing a carer’s perspective,  on the theme of “ No – one ever asked   ” highlighted the transformational impact that ...