Thursday 20 June 2013

A busy day St. Andrews house - talk at RCN Scotland then back to teamDCV workshop

Hi

I was up and out bright and early today to travel to Edinburgh. My first stop was a brief chat with David from the Scottish Government's Mental Health Team at St Andrew's house.We had a wee chat about how things are going and a few ideas I have for the future.

I then headed round to the Royal College of Nursing head office for a presentation to the board members.With great thanks to all for their time and enthusiasm also a big thank you to Dr Debbie McGraw from the board who invited me.

I then met with a student from Edinburgh University to do a quick interview for her dissertation and paper on dementia and journalism.

I then hopped on the train back to Glasgow to catch end of the ALLIANCE Scotland's network event where Dementia Carer Voices had one of the workshops and I have to say a big thanks to Christopher and Andrew for hosting the DCV workshop so well, it seemed that all had a great time. A big thank also you to Nancy and Kerry from the ALLIANCE  for putting together what seemed from the feedback to be a great network event.

I was sorry not to be there but had arranged my talk in Edinburgh a while back.

So I'm home now and getting organised for the NHS Releasing Time to Care Event at Hampden Park where I will have a wee stand for the day and I am also one of the guest speakers.

The awareness campaign goes on




Tommy



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

My mums name was Joan ,my Mum Had Dementia - our Story 9 Short Films

Tommy’s speech, providing a carer’s perspective,  on the theme of “ No – one ever asked   ” highlighted the transformational impact that ...