Thursday 25 April 2013

Attending & Speaking VSA Carers Group Aberdeenshire June 13th Carers week


Attending & Speaking VSA Carers Group Aberdeenshire June 13th


A big thank you to Kirsteen Heneghan and all the team from VSA Aberdeenshire for inviting me along to speak at their Carers week event June 13th.VSA cover all of Aberdeenshire, the event will be held in Inverurie starting 11am till 2:30pm, they will be holding a couple of Workshops on the day about their Creative Break Funding and Emergency planning. And have some other things in the pipeline too .I will add more details nearer the time

I look forward to speaking about caring for my wee mum, the letters I receive and people I have met on my tour and meeting carers ,staff and families who attend on the day

You can get more details on the work they do at the links below


The final programme of events will be finalised by the first week in May. The event is for all Aberdeenshire Carers and is taking place in The Hopeville Club in Inverurie from 11 – 2.30 pm, if people wish to reserve a space as we need a rough idea of numbers for catering etc they can contact Janice Duthie Senior Info and Advice Worker on at  e-mail Janice.duthie@vsa.org.uk or Sandra Andrew Info and Advice Worker  at  sandra.andrew@vsa.org.uk  . 

Thank you Kirsteen and all the team for inviting me along

Tommy 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

My mums name was Joan ,my Mum Had Dementia - our Story 9 Short Films

Tommy’s speech, providing a carer’s perspective,  on the theme of “ No – one ever asked   ” highlighted the transformational impact that ...