Tuesday 5 March 2013

Two talks today , thank you NHS Sothern General and Cardonald College


I was up bright and early this morning to speak to social Care students at Cardonald College .With thanks to lecturer Linda Wight for inviting me along also a big thank you to the students for taking time to listen and for the Questions after my talk .As a son who cared for my his mum I am grateful for the opportunities to speak about my wee mum, dementia, caring and the letters I receive .I am back at the College on the 11th to speak to a different class
After lunch I was over at the Sothern General Hospital to  do a presentation to Staff Nurses a big thank you to Geraldine and NHS GG&C for the invite This happens to be the hospital my wee mum sadly passed away back in September and the seminar room was next to the ward my wee mum spent time in .so a lot of emotions just now .and since I came home . Thank you to all the staff nurses for their time ,questions and for taking time to listen to a son and his story .I will be back there again soon as they has asked me to do a talk to the wider staff across the wards  in the next few weeks
I hope my talks in some small way help bring more understanding on life caring for a loved one and I will keep talking as long as people keep inviting and listening
Tommy  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

My mums name was Joan ,my Mum Had Dementia - our Story 9 Short Films

Tommy’s speech, providing a carer’s perspective,  on the theme of “ No – one ever asked   ” highlighted the transformational impact that ...