Friday 15 February 2013

inspired at Caledonian University -Thank you



I would like to say a big thank you to the team at Caledonian University .especially Andy Lowndes ,Margaret Caldwell   and last but not least  the 3rd year mental health students
I was a guest speaker there this morning and as a son I am grateful for opportunities like this and for the chance to speak about my wee mum ,dementia caring and the life stories and hope in some small way help raise awareness and understanding 

Thank you to all the students for the kind reception .Kind words and questions

Thank you

Tommy WhitelawDementia Carers Voices

1 comment:

  1. Hi
    I was one of the students from the uni. I have to admit I was moved by what you had to say and was inspired. I know now how privildged I have been and will be in the future to share the journeys of the people who I have cared for with dementia. I gained great insight into what my actions and reactions should be to ensure that the care and support I provide is of the highest standard.

    Regards
    P

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

My mums name was Joan ,my Mum Had Dementia - our Story 9 Short Films

Tommy’s speech, providing a carer’s perspective,  on the theme of “ No – one ever asked   ” highlighted the transformational impact that ...