Wednesday 30 January 2013

Positive film meeting NHSGG&C & later with GCU on hopefully some ideas and projects


Hi
I had a positive meeting with all concerned with the short carer engagement film ITS OK TO ASK earlier today and we should ne starting filming late February, this is a NHS &GGC about carers and services an idea that came from my own experience as a son and carer I will involved as a son who cared for his mum and will post more once we get rolling .I than passed by Glasgow Caledonian University to chat with Andy Lowndes who was the lead on the memoires FC event I both attended and spoke at briefly and was really inspired by everything I witnessed that day ,there is talk of reproducing this in another format soon. On meeting Andy leading up to and at that  event has left me / us looking at ways to work together over the months and we had a chat today about how we can do this .i will also be doing some talks at the university February and march And I am grateful to the GCU  ,Andy ,Lesley Jackie and Margaret for their time encouragement and for inviting me to speak to students who attend
February 15th 1st year mental health students
February 2oth 3rd year mental health students
March 12th nursing students
Thank you to all who I met withy today for including carers and their life stories in their projects
Tommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

My mums name was Joan ,my Mum Had Dementia - our Story 9 Short Films

Tommy’s speech, providing a carer’s perspective,  on the theme of “ No – one ever asked   ” highlighted the transformational impact that ...