Saturday 24 November 2012

A busy week ahead ,the campaign goes on


I have a busy week ahead trying to raise awareness on both Dementia and caring ,for the last year whilst caring for my wee mum I used the 14 hours a week respite I had to do this. Now that my wee mum is sadly no longer here I am trying to up the pace on my awareness work in her memory .I have a few talks and meeting next week

Monday 26th
Meeting the lads from Enterprise screen to finalize the story board and costing for a carer engagement film  
Tuesday 27th
First meeting of Glasgow City Council Dementia cross party working group based on the motion I had passed last February
Then
Meeting with shadow health secretary Jackie Baillie at parliament to discuss my campaign and awareness work (labour leader Johann Lamont is popping in for part of this meeting)
Wednesday 28th
Speaking at Angus carers in Arbroath as part of carers rights week
Thursday 29th
Speaking at the launch of memories FC at Hampden Park
Friday 30th
Speaking at East Renfrewshire Carers as part of Carers rights week, then over to Memories FC for day 2
My wee campaign continues all of the above I do as A son and on a voluntary basis  

Tommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

My mums name was Joan ,my Mum Had Dementia - our Story 9 Short Films

Tommy’s speech, providing a carer’s perspective,  on the theme of “ No – one ever asked   ” highlighted the transformational impact that ...