Sunday 7 October 2012

Missing my mum and taking forward the campaign we started together

  
Night times are a struggle at the moment, its all a bit weepy and sad .I am trying to put together the pieces of the jig-saw that was 5 years of dementia and caring .i can only find the struggle not the joy, the bad days not the good and the heartbreak and not the happiness .I hope in time this will change as its all a bit painful at the moment  .there was joy ,there where many good days and there was great happiness but in truth not enough not as many as my wee mum deserved. I flip between a fog of memories and a desire and passion to take our wee campaign to more people and places and I feel stronger when I do this, and feel the strength, love and courage of my mum keeping me going something she gave me in life and is still giving me today I have two talks this week for East Dunbartonshire council along with a meeting with government civil servants to finalize a new project based on our wee campaign CarerVoices something I have been working on for a long time look out for a wee announcement later next week my mum many have left us but her campaign will live on and the memory of my great wee mum will always be in my heart mind and soul
Tommy      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

My mums name was Joan ,my Mum Had Dementia - our Story 9 Short Films

Tommy’s speech, providing a carer’s perspective,  on the theme of “ No – one ever asked   ” highlighted the transformational impact that ...