Monday 15 October 2012

Dementia and caring looking to visit carer groups / centers to discuss new awareness projects


I was hoping I can meet with you or visit families /carers / carer group / centers  you are working with to discuss and update on some of the projects I am working on

Dementia working group Glasgow city council
First meeting to set up working group based on my motion October 22nd at City Chambers with Cllr Kerr, Ann Marie Simpson, Ann Cummings SW and myself
Dementia Carer Voices
Based on my Tommyontour project with support from the health and social care alliance and supported by the Scottish government .I will be taking 3 months reports direct to government on this 2 year project on dementia and caring
Dementia through art project
Permanent exhibition at Garnavel hospital based on my life stories and people I meet or have met on my tour
Paper on life stories
I am in talks with a leading university about a paper on the life stories I receive
The possibility of two news films
Discovering dementia film
Carer engagement film
Please get in touch via tommy@i-woz-there.com
Thank you
Tommy





1 comment:

  1. Great developments, re art. also consider approaching Project Ability at the Trongate,who work with people affected by a disability. they may be interested to help. Another great project is Impact Arts, with its CRAFT CAFEs in Castlemilk and Govan. Lots of talent out there, people may be happy to assist?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

My mums name was Joan ,my Mum Had Dementia - our Story 9 Short Films

Tommy’s speech, providing a carer’s perspective,  on the theme of “ No – one ever asked   ” highlighted the transformational impact that ...