Sunday 21 October 2012

3rd day raising awareness at the SNP conference, overwhelmed by the numbers of people who have heard about my wee mum and our awareness campaign

Hi 

3rd day raising awareness at the conference, overwhelmed by the numbers of people who have heard about my wee mum and our awareness campaign

Well its my 3rd day up in Perth with my wee stand raising awarerness on both Dementia and Caring and I am a bit emotional and overwhelmed by the amount of people who have heard about my wee mums story and our campaign to collect life stories And raise awareness My wee mums photo is in a proud position at the top of my wee stand and has been a constant conversation piece with both delegates visitors and staff at the conference hall. As my mum did in life she has continued to make me proud and inspire me now .I am grateful to all who stopped to say hello and  spend some time both talking and listening to .I also have to say thanks to the Deputy First Minister and SNP  for allowing me to attend and raise awareness as a son and to first group Scotrail ,for helping with my travel Craig and Stewart printers for my stand and to the staff at the hall for their help and kindness to a son with no funding trying to tell a story .thank you and a big thank you to all the carers and families who have shared their story in order to help others
The Tommyontour campaign will continue and grow and I now planning a tour across Scotland to both raise awarerness and collect more life stories
Dementia Carer Voices

Tommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

My mums name was Joan ,my Mum Had Dementia - our Story 9 Short Films

Tommy’s speech, providing a carer’s perspective,  on the theme of “ No – one ever asked   ” highlighted the transformational impact that ...