Tuesday 4 September 2012

The importance of promoting good practice,in my view

Hi
As sit I sit here with my mum trying in many ways trying to evaluate the last 5 years and where we are today, I am under no illusions that this journey to care for my mum would be an impossible task without the people who play their part and a massive part .we like many others have faced along the way by some a lack of understanding, advice and sometimes care and attitude, but we have also had great help from many professionals and volunteers along the way As my mum wakes up each day to face dementia and I wake up each day to try and care for her. many many people wake up in a professional capacity to supply good care advice and comfort and we should celebrate them, yes we should question and challenge the few who add heartache and don’t help, but we should promote, encourage be thankful for the amazing people who without their help and commitment, this would be an impossible task to care for a loved one at home. We should work on the negatives and celebrate and promote the positives. We should shout from the rooftops about the people who play a big part in our lives, and that may encourage the ones who hold us back to be inspired to follow their lead
I salute the people who help me care for my mum, good practice is important and we should celebrate and encourage others to follow
This son and his mum are grateful for the part they play in our lives
Tommy  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

My mums name was Joan ,my Mum Had Dementia - our Story 9 Short Films

Tommy’s speech, providing a carer’s perspective,  on the theme of “ No – one ever asked   ” highlighted the transformational impact that ...