Saturday 1 September 2012

Sometimes we laugh,sometimes we cry…….

Hi  
 Caring is such a mixed bag of emotions, I try every day to wake up and face the day ahead  the best I can ,I have to in order to give my mum the best care possible to support her in  this battle she faces every day and has done for the last 5 years, this ever changing journey has been a constant challenge to keeps pace with ,we have faced many struggles only a year ago my mum was so confused agitated and scared that she constantly wanted to leave the house to go home  sometime up to 20-30 times a day and through the night .and I was at the end of my tether on the other hand her smile and the person she is would full my heart with joy, lately the stress is being replaced by sadness all to often, my mum can still make me smile ,she can certainly fill my heart with joy and she inspires me in ways only matched  by my late father this morning sitting giving my mum breakfast has been a morning full of tears .I would take the stress back in heartbeat from last year I would Give anything for my mum to get out the bed and try and walk out the door .we are fading away side by side ,this morning my heart is full of tears  but I know my mum will turn that into a smile at some point today .That’s the inspiration and greatness mums and dads have ,no matter what they face ,the can make their children smile and inspire them to keep going ,my mum is and so shall I  
Tommy    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

My mums name was Joan ,my Mum Had Dementia - our Story 9 Short Films

Tommy’s speech, providing a carer’s perspective,  on the theme of “ No – one ever asked   ” highlighted the transformational impact that ...