Friday 14 September 2012

Just home from carers Champion Glasgow launch

Hi
Well I was over at the launch and of the new carers champion for Glasgow City Council Dr Christopher mason MBE the meeting was chaired by Ann Cumming SW and Cllr Kerr executive for social care GCC. The meeting was attended by many of the carer center managers and groups from across Glasgow .I was introduced to Mr. Mason and I am happy to say my work and campaign but mainly the life stories I collect with be involved in some capacity .its early days yet but I wish Dr Mason the best of luck and I look forward to working with him over the coming months and years .with thanks to Linda for picking me up and getting me home to save time
I still stand by the very basis of my campaign allowing families and carers to speak for themselves with their life stories in their own words and I will keep collecting the and delivering them to all who need  to read them
 
Tommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

My mums name was Joan ,my Mum Had Dementia - our Story 9 Short Films

Tommy’s speech, providing a carer’s perspective,  on the theme of “ No – one ever asked   ” highlighted the transformational impact that ...