Monday 30 July 2012

With thanks to Gill Phillips (whose Shoes for the article on her site and for hosting my film and campaign


A big thank you  to Gill Philips the creator of Whose Shoes for the article on her website, for hosting my film and for the amazing support on Twitter
Please see below more about the work she does
Tommy
Hi, I'm the creator of Whose Shoes? - a board game that helps people to "walk in the shoes" of others. It gets people talking about what is good and bad in health and social care and how things can be improved. People who use services and carers say it gives them a voice. They can join in as "equals" with professionals; everyone gets a say. This video shows the game in action.
I run Whose Shoes? workshops all over the UK. One of the most memorable ones was in Glasgow, as part of the Social Care Ideas Factory (SCIF) Festival of Ideas for personalisation. Sadly it was long before I knew about Tommy and his Mum.
Tommy and I share a passion for stories On my Whose Shoes? blog I am asking lots of different people to write about dementia and what it means to them. I am coming across many inspirational people, passionate about improving lives. One of these, of course, is "Tommy on Tour" who wrote this blogpost for the series.
I am now working on an electronic version of Whose Shoes?, and developing some new content specific to dementia.
Gill Phillips, Director, Nutshell Communications Ltd   www.nutshellcomms.co.uk
Tommy on Tour blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

My mums name was Joan ,my Mum Had Dementia - our Story 9 Short Films

Tommy’s speech, providing a carer’s perspective,  on the theme of “ No – one ever asked   ” highlighted the transformational impact that ...