Tuesday 31 July 2012

Dementia Awareness, Tommyontour, the awareness campaign continues

Hi
As with carting for my mum, I am putting my heart and soul into raising awareness on Dementia  and life as a carer ,please see below some awareness pans coming up during my few respite hours cover per week ,I do this at my own cost and in my own time
July 23rd
Meeting with team at Stirling dementia services Stirling university (via professor June Andrews) to discuss some plans and hopefully get some advice and involvement with projects
July 24th  
Popping into my local carer center Pollok to discuss my mums care plan and campaign
July 30th
Meeting and speaking at older persons story club Edinburgh
July 31st
Meeting chief exec PRTFC to discuss my campaign and future plans
August 1st
Meeting and speaking at Alzheimer Scotland carers group south Ayrshire
August 3rd
West Glasgow Carers Centre Dementia Group
August 9th 
Meeting and speaking at carers group Croy day care Ailsa hospital Ayr
August 24th
Meeting con Gillespie and Sandra Shields nurse consultants for dementia for NHS gg&c to discuss future talks and involvement
August 31st
Guest speaker social work Glasgow service mangers meeting
september 13th
Lockerbie Carer Support group.
September 26th
Guest speaker at NHSGG&C event Royal Alexandria Hospital
October 5th
Guest speaker at NHSGG&C event beardmore hotel Clyde bank

October 8th   
Kirkintilloch Baptist Church ( east dunbartonshire council )

 October 12th

  Bearsden Baptist Church ( east dunbartonshire council )


I also have the following projects to work on  

My Motion Passed Glasgow city council AND MY Dementia through Art Project Gartanvel royal hospital along with making Tommyontour 2 a new film
I also hope to re visit carer centers across Scotland to collect more life stories and update on my progress
The awareness campaign continues my blog, story and film has just reached 30,000 views and is on many sites across the world
I am proud to be my mum’s son and to raise awareness on dementia and caring
Tommy


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

My mums name was Joan ,my Mum Had Dementia - our Story 9 Short Films

Tommy’s speech, providing a carer’s perspective,  on the theme of “ No – one ever asked   ” highlighted the transformational impact that ...