Friday 8 June 2012

Today at the carer engagement event

Hi
Well I attended a carer engagement event today set up by Glasgow Social Workalon with partners  CHP, I felt it was a good meeting and was encouraged by the mixture of carers and people who work in the voluntary sector and carer centers along condition specific organisations .I care for my mum who has dementia and found it very interesting and inspiring to hear and meet others who have different need, lives or care for other reasons. Different focus groups where proposed and I look forward to working on the dementia group along with working with  and learning from others ,with thanks to Ann and all concerned for setting this up and the invite
Tommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

My mums name was Joan ,my Mum Had Dementia - our Story 9 Short Films

Tommy’s speech, providing a carer’s perspective,  on the theme of “ No – one ever asked   ” highlighted the transformational impact that ...