Monday 11 June 2012

My Motion passed Glasgow City Council, can you help?

Good Morning 

Back in February I had a motion passed at Glasgow City Council to form a cross party working group to look at Dementia and caring in Glasgow and for the results to be handed to the Scottish Government. This group will be formed next month to start work on the paper ,I hope if you have any thoughts or opinions you will send them to me as I will be a carers representative on this group You can e mail me direct at tomm@i-woz-there.com

MOTION
Council recognizes the inspirational efforts of Tommy Whitelaw in raising awareness of the issues effecting the carers and families of people suffering from Dementia through his “Tommy on Tour” campaign Council agrees to set-up a Cross Party Working Group to engage with carers and to ensure that the services provided to carers are appropriate to the needs of the carers and those suffering from Dementia and that the Working Group’s findings be presented by Council to the Scottish Government.

Moved by Councilor John Flanagan

Seconded by  councilor  David McDonald

Tommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

My mums name was Joan ,my Mum Had Dementia - our Story 9 Short Films

Tommy’s speech, providing a carer’s perspective,  on the theme of “ No – one ever asked   ” highlighted the transformational impact that ...