Tuesday 8 May 2012

Today Speaking at the LTCAS then of to Parliament to meet the Deputy First Minister

Hi
well i am speaking today  at the LTCAS based in bath Street, then traveling through to Edinburgh to meet the Deputy First Minister. As a son and carer I am grateful for the chance to speak about caring for my mum to others and for the Deputy First  Ministers ongoing interest in Dementia ,Caring and my wee awareness campaign .As I sit typing this I am overwhelmed and in some cases pleasantly surprised by some who are taking notice and genuinely concerned and interested in our words and thoughts, the flip side is I am almost shocked at others who don’t feel they need to  or want to listen as they know best , but really should be as they claim to understand and represent how we live and feel


Tommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

My mums name was Joan ,my Mum Had Dementia - our Story 9 Short Films

Tommy’s speech, providing a carer’s perspective,  on the theme of “ No – one ever asked   ” highlighted the transformational impact that ...