Friday 30 March 2012

Positive Meeting with NHS Community Engagement Team Today



Hi

I had a very positive and encouraging meeting today with Daniel from the NHS Community Engagement Team
As mentioned before Daniel organised a talk, showing of the film and question and answer session with some department heads
I feel positive about the good feedback but more thank that this is really the basis, heart and soul of this campaign. Carers like me being given good opportunities to talk openly about dementia ,caring and how we feel and live and being given the chance to do that to people who work in the care sector and who  are open to listening .This is a great step forward, I feel positive and look forward to working on the ideas we discussed and moving  forward .we also discussed my film being used on some NHS sites to show the carers experience

A good day for awareness campaigning

Tommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

My mums name was Joan ,my Mum Had Dementia - our Story 9 Short Films

Tommy’s speech, providing a carer’s perspective,  on the theme of “ No – one ever asked   ” highlighted the transformational impact that ...