Monday 26 March 2012

Meet the Carers, Collecting Letters Raising Awareness

Hi
Just watched the programme MEET THE CARERS very moving and just reminds me how we/ I live as carers ,Try not to think about myself caring for my mum as its to painful and that was difficult to watch tonight as I saw many things that sum up my own life loneliness ,isolation amongst many other emotions  
Anyway my heart goes out to the families in the programme and makes me more determined to collect letters and life stories from families and carers to highlight and bring more help and understanding on caring for a loved one
I raise awareness on dementia but I am a carer and have been for nearly 5 years now. You can help me AND others by sending you’re story for me to take to parliament on may 9th
Tommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

My mums name was Joan ,my Mum Had Dementia - our Story 9 Short Films

Tommy’s speech, providing a carer’s perspective,  on the theme of “ No – one ever asked   ” highlighted the transformational impact that ...