Thursday 5 January 2012

Safety First…………

I have had a safety gate installed at the top of the stairs between my room and my wee mums
I never thought growing up watching my mum work so hard to do the best she could for us ,that one day I would have to install a gate to stop her wandering during the night as I sleep and be at great risk of falling down the stairs ,
But that’s what dementia does it changes everything and constantly moves the goal posts ALONG with the massive changes it brings even the small ones bring challenges, realization, and sadness

Tommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

My mums name was Joan ,my Mum Had Dementia - our Story 9 Short Films

Tommy’s speech, providing a carer’s perspective,  on the theme of “ No – one ever asked   ” highlighted the transformational impact that ...