Saturday 28 January 2012

A Plea From A Son And Carer

Dear all

On Feb. 8th at 5:30pm, I will be meeting the deputy first minister for a private talk about caring for my mum, the carers and families I have met on this campaign, and the content of the letters I have received to date
I for one am greatful, respectful and full of hope for this meeting and I believe the deputy first minister has great interest in finding out how we feel, live and cope
I am inspired by the people I have met and the letters received
On the second leg of my tour people at you’re groups showed interest in telling the story and I hope if they do you will pass on this great opportunity to get it heard
We promote and we fight to give carers a voice
WELL I AM A CARER, I have a voice, we have a chance to raise our voice together , I hope you will forward any letters or thoughts you may have from carers and families who attend you’re groups and help promote their voice ,stories and hopes for the future .And add to the amazing people who have already shared the experiences and stories

Thanks for all the support and thanks to all who have promoted this campaign so far and shared their stories

You can e mail me direct
Or post to

Tommy whitelaw
39 Crosslee Street
Craigton
Glasgow
g521sl
Tommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

My mums name was Joan ,my Mum Had Dementia - our Story 9 Short Films

Tommy’s speech, providing a carer’s perspective,  on the theme of “ No – one ever asked   ” highlighted the transformational impact that ...