Tuesday 13 December 2011

Letter To MSPs And Councilors

I am writing to inform you of a campaign I started in June 2011.
Unfortunately this was borne of frustration, loneliness and isolation
Whilst caring for my mother Joan who was diagnosed with dementia in
August 2007.

My personal experience and the experiences of many others have been
Documented in the short film (copy attached).

In short, this indiscriminate illness wreaks havoc with the sufferer,
Their carers and sadly our society as the number of sufferers increase.
In my opinion, the devastation and lack of resources and communication
Regarding this illness has reached crisis point.

I trust that you and your colleagues can liaise with each other and
Include social work, GP surgeries, hospitals, day centers, nursing
Homes, education establishments, carers groups, charities and
Organizations to continue you to raise awareness and improve care
Provision, which is currently inadequate.  

In order to understand the seriousness of the impact this illness has
On the sufferer and their carers, there needs to be a discussion with
All relevant groups, locally initially and ultimately nationally at
Executive level.

Sadly, I cannot visit your surgery as I am caring for my mum 24/7
Without respite/help. 

I look forward to hearing from you.  If you cannot access film, please
Phone.           

As the representative for my area I desperately need you urgent
Attention.       

Yours sincerely,

Tommy whitelaw

http://tv.enterprisescreen.co.uk/watch?v=347
http://tommy-on-tour-2011.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

My mums name was Joan ,my Mum Had Dementia - our Story 9 Short Films

Tommy’s speech, providing a carer’s perspective,  on the theme of “ No – one ever asked   ” highlighted the transformational impact that ...