Wednesday 9 November 2011

Don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight!

Hiya,

Well, here we are. Almost there. Tomorrow I'll be handing in all the letters & emails sent to 'Tommy on Tour' into the Parliament. Straight into the hands of Nicola Sturgeon. Me, and a big group of other carers, will be meeting MSPs and talking about the big issues related to caring for someone with dementia in Scotland. We'll be watching my wee film too. If you haven't seen my film yet, please watch it and share it with your family and friends. Stick it on your facebook or your twitter. I'd like as many people as possible to sit up and take notice of what carers of people with dementia have to deal with on a daily basis.

It's been a long journey. An amazing journey. I've met some wonderful people and I've heard a lot of stories. Some happy, but many more sad and some absolutely heartbreaking. I hope my wee campaign can make a difference. I hope the politicians and the doctors and the councillors and all the other people who make the big decisions sit up and take notice. The carers of Scotland deserve nothing less.

Thank you to everyone who wrote to me or shared their story with me.

Thank you to my wee mum, wee Joan Whitelaw, the best mum a man could have.

Cheers,

Tommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

My mums name was Joan ,my Mum Had Dementia - our Story 9 Short Films

Tommy’s speech, providing a carer’s perspective,  on the theme of “ No – one ever asked   ” highlighted the transformational impact that ...